Main Menu
Build Blog
Products Updated!
Photo album
Owners cars
Printed Matter
About me
Get a T-Shirt!!


Remember me
Password Reminder
No account yet?
Create one

The Build Blog
More foam, aircon pump mounted! E-mail

Thursday, June 7, 2007

As promised a short update from Rome. Some pics received from the Netherlands.  The aircon pump bracket has been completed and mounted.

Aircon Bracket  Bracket Mounted

Airconpump mounted 

More work was done on filling the sills with foam. 

Left sill ready 

The grey openings left and right in the sill are actually a PVC pipe that can be used to carry some wiring if needed. 


Business trip. E-mail

Monday, June 4, 2007.

I will be on a business trip to Rome for the largest part of this week, but other people are working on the car. If I get a change I will try update the site with information about the progress made.


Wiring harnas and foam, yeach! E-mail

Monday, May 28, 2007

 With the Sienna came a wiring loom and fusebox that was completely numbered and ready for use. If it only was as simple as that....  With the Sienna came NO electric diagram to explain which number belongs to what. A typical disadvantage when buying a part build.

So, what can one do. Indeed, try to figure out how the heck it was supposed to be.

The wiring loom  Lights on!

We figured out quite a bit but not all. Will give Nevill who worked for Sienna a call to see if any documentation is left. Alan Booth did not have any. Also asked Erik to drop by with his Sienna soon so we can have a look at the wiring on his car.


We also made a start with filling unused space in the chassis with foam to dampen as much noise as possible. Put some PVC pipe in first in case we need some extra space for wiring.

foaming the sides  Oops, a bit too much!

Last but not least, the making of the aircon pump bracket is well under way. Tag welded here on the pic after correct fitment and now it needs to be welded all the way through, do a bit of work to make the bracket look good and apply a layer of zync coating and spray paint.

The aircon pump bracket

More pictures on the build can be found here

That's it for today!


Sealing the chassis E-mail

Friday May 18, 2007

Today we have sealed the whole chassis with Sikaflex. It's a job that needed to be done for long but since it's a dirty job, we have postponed it as long as we could :-) Sealed the chassis inside and outside.  We also decided to give the car a Dinitrol anti-rust treatment to make sure we won't see rust on the chassis for the next 10 years. The car is built with as much anti-rust protection as possible.

All seems sealed with Sikaflex 

Since we had spare time left we took some time to figure out the wiring of the engine. It looked like it was going to be a hell of a job, but actually we figured it out quite quickly.  Engine wiring shouldn't be to hard. Now will need to decide on a place for the ECU and the relais.

The engine wiring 

Next Monday work will resume.



<< Start < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Results 25 - 32 of 96